Interesting Facts ahead of European Champions League Semifinals Manchester City vs Real Madrid
Here are some interesting facts ahead of the 2021-2022 European Champions League semifinal first leg match between Manchester City vs Real Madrid.
The Champions League semifinal match between Manchester City vs Real Madrid will be presented at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday (27/04/22) at 02.00 am WIB.
This duel is predicted to be very exciting because both teams are the top standings in their respective competitions.
Manchester City currently sits at the top of the Premier League standings with 80 points from 33 matches. Meanwhile, Real Madrid are at the top of the Spanish League standings with 78 points from 33 matches.
Pep Guardiola’s troops previously successfully got a ticket to the semifinals after beating city rivals Real Madrid, namely Atletico Madrid with a 1-0 aggregate score.
Meanwhile, Karim Benzema et al were able to advance to the semifinals of the Champions League after defeating rivals Manchester City, namely Chelsea with an aggregate score of 5-4.
Ahead of serving his guest, Kevin De Bruyne et al’s troops have warmed up the engine by crushing the guest Watford 5-1 in the Premier League last weekend.
Meanwhile, Real Madrid did not play last weekend. Carlo Ancelotti’s troops last match was against host Osasuna in the middle of last week.
Ahead of the big match in the Champions League between Manchester City vs Real Madrid, there are a number of interesting facts that you should know. Here Indosport has summarized it:
– Manchester City had won four games in a row against Spanish clubs before being held 0-0 by Atletico Madrid in the second leg of the quarter-finals.
– Manchester City’s home record against Spanish sides is six wins, three draws and two defeats. The defeat occurred against Barcelona.
– This season will be Manchester City’s 11th appearance in the European Champions League. they have been involved in the group stage every season since 2011/12 and have now reached the knockout stages in nine successive campaigns.
– In the six meetings so far, City and Madrid have both won twice, drawn two and lost both. They also both scored a total of seven goals.
– The match against Manchester City was Real Madrid’s 15th appearance in the semifinals of the European Champions League. This record is three times more than Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
– Real Madrid have won nine of their last 16 away games in the Champions League (two draws and five defeats).
– Madrid’s record in knockout games against English clubs is 10 wins and six losses.
– Real Madrid’s overall away record against English clubs is seven wins, five draws and eight losses.