Joan Mir and Jack Miller were once again involved in an incident in the 2021 MotoGP race. This time it happened at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA), Austin, United States, Monday (04/10/2021) early morning pm last.
Long story short, the two are fighting for the sixth position on the last lap of the United States MotoGP race. But at Turn 16, Joan Mir made an aggressive maneuver that helped push Jack Miller .
As a result, both of them had to hand over the sixth position to Enea Bastianini. Jack Miller finished seventh and Joan Mir got a penalty which ended up finishing eighth.
After finishing, Jack Miller seemed to approach Joan Mir. He scolded and cursed Joan Mir who is the 2020 MotoGP world champion.
However, in the re-recording, it appears that Joan Mir gave an apologetic gesture and did not reply to Jack Miller’s anger at all.
Aware of Making Mistakes
Joan Mir also explained why he did not respond to Jack Miller ‘s anger. According to him, he pleaded guilty to the incident on the last lap of the United States MotoGP race.
“I think Jack is a nice guy. Like I said, if he were me I would be mad too. So I have nothing to say about him.”
“But, there is nothing to say about Jack. He always showed respect in the race. He is a good rival, so there is nothing to say. I apologize for the maneuver, but I did not respect the decision (of the penalty),” continued Joan Mir .
Read Also :
British MotoGP FP3 Results: Jack Miller Moncer, Valentino Rossi Reach Top 7
Ducati racer, Jack Miller, posted the fastest lap time in the third free practice session of the British MotoGP at the Silverstone Circuit, Saturday (28/8/2021). The Australian rider recorded a time of 1 minute 59.288 seconds.
The leader of the 2021 MotoGP standings, Fabio Quartararo, who yesterday had an accident, only finished fourth in FP3. However, the combined record ranks second.
The second position in the British MotoGP FP3 is occupied by Aprilia racer, Aleix Espargaro. He was followed by Pramac Ducati racer, Jorge Martin.
Unsatisfactory results were obtained by Repsol Honda racer, Marc Marquez. He only took 10th place.
On the other hand, Valentino Rossi actually looks good. He was in seventh place, thus making it through directly to the second qualifier.
Here are the full results of the British MotoGP FP3 .
FP3 Complete Results
1. Jack Miller (Ducati Team) 1 minute 59.288 seconds
2. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Gresini) +0.098 sec
3. Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) +0.108 seconds
4. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha)+0.173 sec
5. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Team) +0.227 sec
6. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda) +0.227 sec
7. Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha) +0.265 seconds
8. Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) +0.363 sec
9. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) +0.383sec
10. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) +0.395 seconds
11. Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) +0.437 seconds
12. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) +0,765 detik
13. Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha) +0.787 sec
14. Alex Marquez (LCR Honda) +0.869 seconds
15. Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) +1.049 sec
16. Iker Lecuona (KTM Tech3) +1.071 sec
17. Danilo Petrucci (KTM Tech3) +1,257 sec
18. Luca Marini (Sky VR46 Avintia Ducati) +1,260 sec
19. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) +1.595 seconds
20. Enea Bastianini (Avintia Ducati) +2.158 seconds
21. Jake Dixon (Petronas Yamaha) +3.526 seconds