After the work was diverted due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Sing 2 finally went on screen in theaters in January 2022. The film, produced by Illumination, is about the life of a koala named Buster Moon who is determined to prove his success. He wants to show everyone that he can thrive in a big city.
For this reason, he again invites his colleagues to create stunning theatrical performances on a much larger scale. Apart from that, compiled from various sources, here are some interesting facts about the animated film Sing 2.
1. Manufactured since 2017 This film began production a year after the film Sing was released in 2016. Just like the first film, Sing 2 is still directed and written by Garth Jennings, and has Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy as producers.
2. There are similarities between the story idea and the experience of the director For director Garth Jennings, Sing is like trying to get a driver’s license. Meanwhile, Sing 2, is like an attempt to drive it skillfully. Just like Buster Moon who is also trying to reach a bigger dream in this sequel.
3. Supported by famous acting artists and singers The voice actors in this film include Matthew McConaughey as Buster Moon, Reese Witherspoon as Rosita, Scarlett Johansson as Ash, Nick Kroll as Gunter, and Taron Egerton as Johnny. In addition, there are Tori Kelly, Garth Jennings, Bobby Cannavale, Letitia Wright, Pharrell Williams, Bono, and Halsey.
4. Scarlett Johansson practicing singing in the car Actress Scarlett Johansson admits the scene where her character Ash sings U2’s song Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of as a memorable experience. The reason is, he continuously listens to the original song and practices singing the song in the car. “I listened to the original in the car about 100 times and sang as loud as I could with the windows closed!” he said.
5. Filled with 40 songs As a musical animated film, it is known that there are 40 hit songs, ranging from pop, rock, K-Pop, to Latin genres that are screened in this sequel.
Some of them, namely the song Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, Can’t Feel My Face from The Weeknd, A Sky Full Of Stars from Coldplay, and songs from the boy band BTS.
6. Collaborate with well-known fashion designers In order to create a slick visual, Kate and Laura Mulleavy, the figures behind the Rodarte fashion brand, were invited to work together to design the clothes in this film. Both then praised the team of illustrators who succeeded in “translating” the costumes they designed into an animated film.
7. Involve choreographer Sherrie Silver Previously, Sherrie Silver had choreographed an animated scene for Guava Island, but Sing 2 was the first time she had choreographed a feature-length animated film. According to him, the most different thing from making animated choreography is the infinite movement.